Tuesday, January 26, 2010

May be trying to do too much...

I bought some new running shoes and a pair of compression tights yesterday for Brian's birthday. They were for me. I figured it would make him happy that I am still trying to get outside and be the person he met 7 years ago. I also realized last night when we got into bed that 5 years ago, he asked me to marry him. We've made it pretty far, and I think we're doing pretty well.

I went for a 'run' today before work. Really, it was more of a slip'n'slide, as the melting snow in this unseasonably warm January was sitting over sheets of ice and making the trails a bit slippery. Who says you don't use your adductors and abductors when you run?

While running, I began to wonder if I try to cram too much into a day. I try to spend some good time with Uli in the morning, rush to drop him off for school, cram in a quick run, work all day while trying not to sink any ships, and rush home to cook dinner, spend some more time with Sunny Son, and then craft before I head off to bed. Sometimes I shower, sometimes I even take a bath. What I am not doing at all is slowing down. And I wonder why it's so hard for me to get out of bed in the morning.

My run helped me get through some of the muddled thoughts in my head. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment