Sunday, January 24, 2010

Inspired

The door to the basement has been calling for something to block the draft since we've lived here. The temperature is drastically different between the fieldstone basement and our main living floor. In the past years, we usually resorted to folded up towels to block winter chill. I would usually embellish them in someway, but they were never what I wanted. I wanted a draft snake, and once I saw what I was imagining on someone else's site, I had to finally sit right down and make one.


The pattern for this harmless snake is from the e-mag 'Rhythm of the Home,' which I just adore. There are just so many good ideas there. The draft snake was so easy to throw together during Sunny Son's nap, and I was done within 15 minutes. Filling the darn thing really took the time. I think its about time I bought myself a funnel or two.

As some may notice, I committed a quilting/patchwork faux pax, and mixed colors. White and Cream - yikes. I kept thinking something wasn't quite right, and finally realized what it was once I laid on the floor to catalog it... Oh well. I'll learn.

Uli is still sick, we are all really tired, and I am having huge guilt about working away from the home. I am working through it slowly. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment