Sunday, January 3, 2010

Instant Gratification

I have been putting in the hours to get some soakers and longies made for The Stork, but it seems every effort has in some way been thwarted by the rulers of the crochet universe. After a second soaker failed yesterday, I scratched the whole thing and decided I needed a project that I could 1 - make in a day, and 2 - would make me feel like I've met a goal. In essence, I needed to feel like I could complete something. But first, I took The Ooch for a drag in the sled.

Upon our return home, I set to work, and right after Uli went to bed, I was able to move this little banner to its new home on the mantle, where it is now filling the void left by our Christmas decorations. I intend to make one for each season, and they'll change ceremoniously with each solstice/equinox.

I feel better.

1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest picture (sledding)! Congrats on your solstice peace.

    ReplyDelete