Monday, January 11, 2010

A little sewing

So, Uli and I made the trip to the thrift store on Saturday, and OH! what a trip was had! This was the first time I have taken Uli with me, as I do enjoy thrifting alone. I can peruse at my own speed without trying to keep a nosy toddler occupied. All in all, he did quite well, and we only left there with four books, not the whole stock.

We managed to find a flat flannel bed sheet, and several flannel pillow cases. Quite a score in my book - Uli will have the softest diapers in town. I quickly whipped a diaper together Sunday morning, just to see how they'd fit so I don't ruin the whole set of fabric. Turns out, Amanda's toddler pattern is quite big, but as I am not sure how long my stubborn boy will be in diapers, I don't think I will cut down the size at all. Just makes me wonder how she sized them down when her kids were out of the infant size, and just into this size. She must have done a lot of folding!

A few pictures will be uploaded tonight. Uli instantly turned into a monster and jumped around the house (the good kind of monster, if there are good and bad ones...). I think he likes them...

No comments:

Post a Comment