Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Paper Fun

Normally, I am not a big supporter of Hallmark Holidays, but this year has proven itself quite different. I was recently inducted into the 'Fun Committee' at work, and in true joiner fashion, I have really owned up to the job: A Valentine's Day Bake-Off. There will be all sorts of fun that I can't reveal until later, but one puzzle piece that I am excited to share are the crowns...

Any good Bake-Off deserves prizes for the winners, right? So, at dinner last week with the rest of the Committee, I volunteered to make crowns. I must admit that once the wine wore off, I was a little overwhelmed by the project, for I envisioned adult-sized crowns like those described in Amanda Soule's 'Creative Family,' and I wasn't sure I had the time or energy to put into them. BUT - I was saved by a creative genius at work when someone mentioned good ol' BK crowns, and then I thought:

"I can make those! AND I HAVE ALL THE STUFF!!!!"

In addition to sewing and crocheting, I scrapbook, too.

And the crowns were born:


Crowns will be awarded to those making The Most Pretty Treat, The Most Tasty Treat, and The Most Creative Treat.



I finished these late last night, with a lot of giddiness and pride in my own creativity (I know, I am going straight to hell). I put them up on top of our cabinets to dry so Uli wouldn't see them. Of course, Uli saw them first thing and wanted them.

Maybe I'll make another tonight.

2 comments:

  1. First of all - is that coffee Is ee in the picture?
    Second - did you make Uli a crown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crowns. Also, I have the same Sigg water bottle ;)LOL Would you believe that shortbread cookies are my favorite too. I am a sucker for the ones dipped in dark chocolate. I have been making them at home for a few Christmas' now, heart shaped, half dipped! I love you and miss you and the more we learn about each other as adults, the more I wish we were neighbors ;) www.jneadkins.com

    ReplyDelete