Monday, April 26, 2010

Adventures in Sewing

I finally touched base with my creative side. I missed that side of me.

It started with Uli's jeans, and then I moved onto a lovely little bag straight out of Amy Karol's Bend the Rules of Sewing book. The construction went smoothly and only took a few hours one week night. The next morning, I discovered the inside pocket was upside down. Classic.

Then I started a dress. It's supposed to look like this:

It looks like this. I love the fabric SO MUCH. The white fabric is getting ripped off this weekend. The fabric was some how mislabeled. Grr. No instant gratification here.

And, to close the loop - no longer a work in progress (and just in case you were wondering, yes, yellow is a theme in my house. It is cheerful in the New England winter):

Spring is sprung.
Plants are in little containers on the porch, just waiting for the gardens to be ready, maybe mid-summer? More late crops!
New cables and tires are purchased for the commuter bike.
Uli eagerly tells me he doesn't need a jacket.

Yup. I am happy again.

Happy Spring, and Happy Sewing Adventures to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment