Thursday, April 15, 2010

Almost one year...

No, not my Sunny Son - he's two and a half and such a speed demon. Who would have known he's only been walking half his life?

I have been working outside my home for almost a year - this time last year I was knee deep in interviews, worrying if I was making the right decision, agonizing over day care choices, and hoping that my son would forgive me one day. As much as I hate to admit it to myself, I think the decision I made a year ago was the right one, both for Uli and for myself.

This anniversary has been sitting with me for the last few days. It hardly seems like its been a year most days, though lately it feels like an eternity has passed. I am a little nutty with a lack of sleep and working more than I'd like.

I did make Uli some new 'jeans' last night. Despite an almost hour long argument with the elastic band (I really hate it when it comes time to put it in, otherwise, I love it), the jeans came out quite cute. They are perfect for my cloth-butt boy, but they are on the big side when he wears his school diapers. Skinny little dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment