Sunday, May 16, 2010

FiddleHeads!

It is the season again for Fiddle Heads - those luscious ferns that are barely above ground and plucked for eating. So yummy.


These little ferns were new to me last year, perhaps the first year I really embraced being a New Englander. I saw these everywhere begging me to try them (I will try anything if it's made for me, I tend to be less bold when I have to cook). I finally broke down in the Worcester 'Co-op,' and they were worth it. I couldn't wait for them this year...


Let it be known that fiddleheads can be tough on some people, and leave them feeling quite nauseated. These guys come with a warning to steam them for 10 minutes first, then cook them (saute with a little olive oil, garlic, and salt - mmmmm). Apparently, not everyone suffers, but better play it on the safe side. I will in the future.


Important things are happening here. First soakers ready for The Stork:


No comments:

Post a Comment