Monday, January 9, 2012

Blog, Revived

It has been a long, long time since I posted here. A lot has happened since October 2009. In a nutshell:

:: I became host to another parasite (a baby, not that kind of parasite. Ew.);

:: I went outside a few times;

:: I made a few things from yarn & fabric;

:: Uli and I picked a LOT of blueberries, a few strawberries, and several bushels of apples;

:: I birthed my parasite in another planned homebirth (welcome Orson);

:: I quit my job to stay at home with the baby;

:: I started following the Paleo Diet (thanks Orson...);

:: We decided to move from the house where my babies were born (literally) to the Rocky Mountains (cue John Denver).

Needless to say, I have also started stress eating. I'll talk about that another day...
*
Over the year and a few months, I have found a lot of blogs to read, mostly about Paleo, but also a few about crafting (find my faves in the sidebar!), and in reading them, I found a site that really struck home regarding what I want blogging to be for me and my family. As you know, I have struggled to keep on top of this blog, primarily because my main focus was my family, and then 'my time' during which I crocheted or sewed. While I do like to protect my time, that blog introduced the concept of an online scrapbook of how she spends her days with her son. I like that idea. So simple. I can't believe that didn't hit me before. Oy.
*
So, my goal will be to update this blog at least weekly. An update of the previous week's goings on in order to preserve a little piece of history for my boys. A weekly postcard of crazy for my men. I think it will be especially wonderful at this very point in time, as we shift as a family from East Coasters to Mountain dwellers. The adventure will be AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment