Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome Autumn



Autumn is here, and this family is celebrating. This is Brian's favorite time of year, and I suppose I am warming up to it, too. There is only one thing that I don't like about autumn, and its that winter is riding its' tail. Boo.
This last weekend was the last that I will be chasing my son for a while, and definitely the last this season that I will be lugging fruit and veggies around to put up later. No no no... its definitely not over, I still have apples and tomatos to can... its just that now I will need a sherpa to carry all that wonderful goodness home.
And to close... my surgery went well. I am sore and swollen and tired, but otherwise I can't complain. My sciatica seems to be resolving, which was really the goal. The real challenge is in the weeks ahead: 4 weeks of rest. Right.... (I've already made Uli new slippers, started work on a sweater, and sewn up a cold pack for my back). Think peaceful, restful thoughts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment