Sunday, July 18, 2010

Calling it a day...

I have had a skirt pattern in my drawer for some time now, and it quietly, but persistently, has been calling my name. I promised myself I would make it once I was done with The STORK order, and once I had make Uli some more pajamas...

I started the skirt yesterday. It was smooth sailing, and went together quite easily despite the pleats and pockets (I am so very excited about the pockets). I put it away late last night before I became too cross-eyed, but started on it again this morning, as I so wanted to wear it to work on Monday. Despite taking my measurements several times, trying the thing on a few times, etcetera... the skirt was way too big!!!!

It looked like it could have inflated into a balloon.

So, I ripped out the back seam, took out the zipper, remeasured, re-fit, and re-sewed. I have the size down right now, but alas, the Universe is against me on this one, and I am off to go watch a few episodes of Bones.

When you break two needles in a row, trying to finagle the zipper foot, that is your sign to call it a day.

Maybe I will get to wear the skirt on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment