Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Goals

After months of putting myself out there, I finally got a bite on Uli's Woolies. A lovely little store in Milford, NH has asked that I bring in several woolies for them to put on in their store and on their website. So, the creativity has begun. I have new design ideas - I want to truly make these my own. So, stay tuned...

One of my personal struggles has always been with finding and maintaining community. I am a horrible friend, and am terrible and keeping in touch with people. I am getting better, but I admit, it is a challenge. I am always seeking out community - like-minded people with a common goal that make me feel welcome. It's been difficult for me to find these people after I moved to New England. Funny thing though, one day I stumbled on this awesome blog (thanks Amanda!), and I was suddenly aware of so many other women out there like me! I love that I have found so many people out there that are working toward common goals - raising children in what I consider a more wholesome way (that's my self-rightiousnes talking, I'm working on it) and being kind to the earth. It just so happens that I've found what I am looking for here on the web. I must say though, I crave nothing more than meeting these women and talking for hours while our kids play together...

Finally, after visiting another favorite blog last night and catching up on what I've missed in the last week, I found another site that is encouraging people to make one small change in their life each month leading up to Earth Day. This will be a challenge for us - not because it will be difficult to move toward a green lifestyle - but because we have exhausted her list of suggestions over the years (my husband goes along with it all, but does have a few choice words for me every now and then, like this morning when I reminded him that the Guiness can is RECYCLEABLE...). So, our challenge is two-fold: come up with another change each month, and implement it. I will be blogging about the change... stay tuned.

And welcome. I plan to be here more often now... I feel the need to connect and to put my crafts out there... thanks for having me here.

Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment